Sunday, February 24, 2008

Not Meant to Be

Sitting here I am trying to write this post. Not easy for me to do. This is going to be the hardest update for me to write.

Late Friday night I had a miscarriage. I do not have too much to say about this other than I trust God to know what is best. I am physically fine and while the whole experience has been unpleasant and very sad there was really no pain. I think the most traumatic moment of this whole thing (after fully understanding what was happening)was my somewhat brief trip to the ER. I learned the very hard lesson that my ER does not give a crap if you are bleeding all over the waiting room floor.

Suffice it to say that I left the ER so I would not be further humiliated and could go through this process in the privacy of my home. I was in contact with my doctors office and I am happy I made this decision. To all those who will read this I will go and see my own doctor tomorrow for a complete check.

Kevin and I are sad that we have had this experience but are very grateful that we have two wonderful, healthy, precious boys and that I am doing okay physically and emotionally.

10 comments:

*pal said...

I love you, Ashley.

karen said...

Our hearts and thoughts are with you from NJ!

Anonymous said...

Our love to you all and know that you are in our prayers. Give the boys a hug for us...

mamatutwo said...

All I can say, and the most I can say is...God bless you. I've been there, too, and it's never easy. God bless.

Kristi said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how sad you must feel. We love you all!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I think it was brave and wonderful of you to share it. My thoughts are with you.

Keysgal@QuietWater said...

God just must have decided to keep that little angel with him. I am glad you can trust in him to know what is right for you. It's OK to be sad, and I am, but I feel blessed that I have 3 healthy little grandboys to rock, hug, kiss and watch grow up to be good people like their parents. Much love to you, Kevin, Kyle and Todd.

Chaotic Joy said...

I am so sorry Ashley. I am praying for God's comfort and peace for your family.

emmay said...

I'm so sorry for you and Kevin. I've been there and I know how difficult it is to lose a little one. Your faith will undoubtedly help you through this. Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

I love you too, Ashley! Be good to yourself!

Aunt J