There are so many things I have missed posting and wish I had done at the time of the event, but life has been so ridiculously crazy I never have time to do anything.
The latest and greatest since C's birthday:
1) We had an awesome party for C. So many friends and family were able to come and celebrate the day with us. C had a blast seeing so many people. I am not too sure what all she was thinking but at least no one was coming at her with anything sharp, pointy and possibly painful. Yay! She did manage to get the icing on her cake all over herself without getting one bit in her mouth. Most post some pictures because she truly looks like she took a bath in pink frosting.
2) We did get to go on vacation right before C's party. We took a week and went to the Keys. The boys had an awesome time as usual...we snorkeled and fished and went out on the boat. They just love having everyone together all day and no stress. Poor boys, having to live with us and all our stress. Love being able to take them away for a bit and let them just be "normal" kids.
3) I was in a car accident on August 5. Yep. Great timing. And guess what, my car is now back in the shop for the 4th time since being repaired initially. I really, really, really detest my insurance company. My car was damaged because some guy thought it would be just fine for him to make an illegal left turn on a red light and plow right into my car. Lovely. I have been fighting with both insurance companies since August and still do not have my car back and repaired correctly.
4) Kyle turned 7 in September. We decided to give him a choice this year on what he would like to do. We let him choose between having a party or asking a couple of his friends to go to lunch, a movie and the toy store. Kyle chose the movie option. Later that night he told me it was the best day he has ever had...so I guess we hit the right celebration for him.:)
5) The boys are back in school and doing well. Some minor glitches here and there but overall they are loving school. I have teacher conferences today with both boys teachers.
6) Kyle is now doing cub scout and tennis in addition to go-karting. Todd is also doing tennis. Between all the kids activities and work stuff and football games and C's stuff we never get a break. We are constantly on the go. I feel like Kevin and I rarely see each other as we rarely do anything together as an entire family. One of us always has to stay back with C as she cannot be out and about too much.
7) We lost the nurse who was taking care of C at home a couple days a week so she is now with me at work full time. We are trying to find someone new but with all the requirements necessary and insurance not paying for anything like this we are having a hard time finding a replacement. Has made it very interesting for all of us. C is now 14 mos old and is very active and mobile and still CANNOT be in a daycare of any kind. And I absolutely HAVE TO HAVE my job. Rock meet hard place. My boss is awesome and very accommodating but eventually we need to make a decision on where we go from here.
8) Kevin's work is still shaky so we are all holding our breathes and hoping things change after this election cycle. He is working way too many hours and has way too much stress and no outlet in which to re energize himself. We really need there to be more hours in each day just to get a break.
9) C did see the GI doctor again in beginning of October and we are still getting the same answers. GRRRRRRR. We are back in feeding therapy but getting the same finger pointing, running in circles crap. So darn frustrating. She also saw the electrical cardio last week. As far as the electrical cardio is concerned she is doing great. The medications are working and keeping everything in check. Her 24 hour holter looked fantastic, nothing to report and her office ecg looked good too. He did say we will be facing a decision before her next cath on whether to take her off the meds prior to the cath to see if they can induce the arrhythmia during the electrical study. If they leave her on the meds and are unable to induce the arrhythmia then they cannot be 100% certain that it is gone. So, that will be super scary but not something we need to do right now.
C is currently puking up at least 3 times a day. She only eats 5 times. Great ratio. But she is still gaining weight. She is currently 20 pounds, 3 ounces. She is back on the charts...hurray! She is just the sweetest thing. Follows her brothers everywhere and is in all their toys. Bless their hearts, they are very patient with her and pretty much let her do what she wants. Sometimes I get, "mama, can you come get her... PLEASE????" but not very often. She is crawling like crazy, standing up everywhere, taking a few tentative steps while holding on, babbling like crazy, and pretty much doing all the things a "normal" baby would be doing...all except the eating. She is now on Vital Jr. and we have tried to eliminate every thing she may be allergic too. We keep trying to "fix" each little issue in the hopes that fixing all the little issues will eventually add up to her tolerating and eating all by herself.
I will eventually get some more pictures up here as well. Have to show how big our little C is getting.