Anyway, he had a great time with family and friends from school. Bruce, Jack, Emma and his teacher Mrs. Altland (all from school) were able to be at his party to celebrate. In addition his cousins Christina, John Thomas, Patrick and Zane as well as Brendon and Alyssa made the party. The kids all had a blast, even the littlest ones, Z and Alyssa. Of course the bigger boys all loved the go-carts and had a blast driving them. Then on to pizza, cake, present opening and lots of video games. Mini golf is also included but the past two parties have kinda been crazy with doing the golf thing as well so I got the coupons and we will do another day. Besides it is insanely hot here already and the day of Todd's party was no different with the temp reaching at least ninety by 11am. And honestly, there was no way I was going outside to help herd lots of little 4/5 year olds around an 18 hole golf course. No way.
Todd ending his party by playing on the playground and then passing out cold on the way home.
Monday, before his birthday, we all went to the store so Todd could pick out his new big boy bike. He got a spider man one. No training wheels. He also got a new helmet and a horn (or beep, beep as he says). Kevin put it together that night so he could ride it the next day (his actual birthday). The day of his actual birthday, Tuesday this year, Todd picked McDonald's for dinner (we let them pick their dinner on their actual birthday) and then went home to ride his new big boy bike with no training wheels. It took him about 30 mins to figure out the peddle thing and then he just took off all by himself. He is such a big boy. Kevin posted a video. For all who may not have seen it yet it is in my video area on the right side bar.
What Todd is doing now that he is 4:
* Riding a big boy bike with no training wheels
* Still sucking his thumb at night when going to sleep
* Still has a blankee to go to sleep with. Have recently determined he likes the smell.
* He can write his first name
* He is finally swimming all by himself. He is also jumping and diving into the pool.
* Loves to snorkle. Insists on having his mask, snorkle and fins every time we go to the beach.
* Still not that into tubing and water sports. Maybe some day.
* Loves to be outside.
* Loves to go on the boat.
* Loves, loves, loves sports...baksetball, baseball, soccer, football
* Can take out Kyle with one tackle...and than laughs about it
* He is really stubborn and independent
* Can whistle and snap
* Plays with my hair
* Likes to wear my shoes around the house
* Loves costumes and loves to dress up and pretend (has very vivid imagination)
* Loves his books...wants to take one to school every day
Now on to the pictures.